I forgot to say that eveything was OK in CW... The problem was only in SSB.

73

Jean-François Ménard a écrit :
A very strange way to solve my problem was to «hard reset» the K2. And setting up from scratch with all needed values.

This is the second time that I solved a problem with a «hard reset». The first time, a friend of mine brought me his K2 because he had TX problem in CW. His problem was like he was transmitting 7-8 kHz wide in CW. All BFO and filters values were OK, but after a «hard reset», I set again all values and everything was working fine.

I got another strange problem here with mine this time. On TX SSB, people received me like I had RF feed back. I recorded my audio myself with my computer, and yes I have ripple in my TX.... even with different microphone, and at 5W in a dummy load.

A reset cure the problem, or at least, since the reset, I did not have the problem anymore. I connected my PC audio to my K2 mic with an adapter using an interface between them and transmitted in a dummy load a few MP3 over the air. The received signal on my KX1 seems to be all OK now. Now glitch or ripple.

It seems to me that some values written in the EPROM was corrupt, or at least, not good...

Does anybody got the problem before ?

Don Wilhelm a écrit :
Jean-Francois,

Can you check your microphone? That sounds a lot like a bad mic element to
me.  Try another mic if you can - if you are wired for the electret mic
(with the resistor), then you can even use one of the inexpensive computer
mics.

In any case, substantiating that the mic is good is the first step in
troubleshooting a problem like you described.

As an alternative you could feed known clean audio into your K2 from an
audio generator, or even make up a voltage divider and feed audio from the computer soundcard or a portable CD Player into the K2 (just don't transmit on the air). Using a controlled audio source will allow you to troubleshoot a problem inside your K2 with your 'scope much easier than trying to do it
live with a microphone.

If you do not know how to build up the voltage divider required, take a look at some of the PSK31 'how-to' websites for the simple interface schematics -
you need only the soundcard output half of the interface.

73,
Don W3FPR