Dave,

This is the old WAOF (wierd at one frequency) situation.  If you have it, it
will be found near 7167 kHz.  It is most noticible on receive but it affects
the transmitted signal too.

Reduce the lead length of everything that you can find in the general area
of the VCO and PLL - even flush cut the IC leads.

If you mounted the ICs in sockets (contrary to Elecraft's instructions),
then remove the sockets and solder in the ICs directly on the board.  Make
all leads as short as possible to minimize the leads acting like tiny
antennas.

73,
Don W3FPR