I am one of many folks eagerly awaiting the first shipments of the Elecraft KPA800 and KPA1500 solid state amplifiers. In October, Eric visited our local club, the Redwood Empire DX Assn. and brought the prototypes of the new amplifiers with him. I took a few pictures of the units, including shots of the insides of one of them, and Eric was kind enough to give me permission to publish the photos on my web site. If you would like to see them, go to www.N6IE.com .

I got a chance to see the amps close-up again a few days later at Pacificon, and it seemed like there was a lot of interest. When you see these units, I think you'll understand why every high-end QRO operator will want one of these sitting on his desk!

OFF TOPIC: While you're at my website, take a look at an amazing article I ran across that debunks the famous story of Reginald Fessenden's first AM radio broadcast on Christmas Eve, 1906. According to the author, there was not one single published account of the historic event until more than a quarter century after it was supposed to have happened, leading to the inescapable conclusion that the whole story was a sham and that Lee DeForest did the first voice broadcast in March of 1907! (Is this where I say "we report...you decide"?)

 73, Ron N6IE
www.N6IE.com
(Formerly N6AHA)