If I read it correctly, this 'test report' and comments were for the K2
operated without the transverter, but all the data presented was for testing
with a transverter.

I am not certain of this individual's intent, but it would appear to me that
he was determined to present the K2 in a bad light.

For one, I do not understand why he chose only to operate the K2 with the
preamp ON when used with a transverter - the transverter should provide all
the front-end gain needed, and turning the pre-amp on should accomplish
nothing for weak signal detection, but certainly does reduce the IF receiver
dynamic range (and thus effects his 'blocking test').  In addition, he used
2 borrowed K2s, and we have no information about the health of these K2s,
they may not have been operating properly.  Remember that the K2 is not an
'off the shelf' transceiver, and setup and alignment is done by the
individual builder rather than on a factory assembly line.  Many K2s are
operating at top performance, but many are not.  Alignment and calibration
are not difficult, but we have no assurance that it was done correctly for
the K2s used.

All in all, this report does not square with others which do document the
test setup and conditions used along with unbiased results.  I refer you to
the ARRL lab test which do document their entire setup and test methodology.
Since the results in this 'report' are quite different than from other
reports, I believe he either had malfunctioning K2s to work with or intended
to skew the report.

73,
Don W3FPR