To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:21 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] 10M birdie and other assundries

Just out of curiousity, after spending some time on
10M during ARRL 10, I noticed a birdie around
28.019/20. Is there a way to eliminate this or move it
below 28.000?

As to my high current draw on 160, the KPA100 works
fine into a dummy load and straight into the antenna.
It does seem to draw more with the KAT100 in the
circuit. I can't imagine much in the tuner that would
cause such a problem (although I could be wrong). My
thoughts drift towards a ground loop issue and/or rf
getting back into the rig's control circuit. Guess I
will be adding some further current chokes in the
shack...

Best wishes to all for the holiday season. May 2007 be
good to you and yours...

Cheers,
Julius
n2wn