After a couple of months of not turning on K2, it has gone goofy.
Apparently
goofiness caught from OP by K2.
With HAND selected in INP menu, straight key properly wired, starts string
of dits when contacts closed.  Same key I"ve used for 4 years without a
problem.  Tried another, same thing.
After turning on set, INFO 80 msg. appeared.  Restart, msg. disappeared.
Series of restarts normal.  If I had to guess, bad solder joint.  Unlike
wine, solder joints do not get better with age. Question is, where to start?

73, Gil NN4CW
K2 3104