I have a couple of questions about the second stage k2 alignment. First is the
VCO -
Initially, I could only get the voltage at R30 down to about 6.3v with the vfo
at 4Mhz. After diddling with t5 winding spacings, I was able to get the 6.0
with some wiggle room in the adjustment (L30 will adjust down to ~5.75v). With
the 4Mhz  R30 reading set to 6v, the R30 voltage for 7.0Mhz was about 1.3v,
with all others in range compliance.
In order to get the 7Mhz reading up to 1.6v, L30 was readjusted so that the
4Mhz reading is now 7.0v, with all other vco readings spanning from 2.44v to
4.54v. This does fall within the guidelines, but not comfortably.
Also, the BFO range was 3.88 kHz - again, sort of close to the minimum.
Does all sound ok, or is something marginal and going to haunt me down the road?
This having been said, after finishing the stage 2 steps, this guy sounds
awesome on 40-wow!!
I was able to use my xg2 on 1uv with the AT1 in line at full attenuation. I'm
fired up to move on and get this on the air!! Guess I am looking for a
condidence check.
Thanks for any input.
-Pete
K1 2194