Charles,

K2 #5956 is sitting on my bench awaiting inventory and a few small tools that I don't currently possess. I have to say that I am impressed with the quality of the Elecraft Kit; not only are the parts bagged by subassembly, but the boards that I have seen look quite nice. It's almost a shame to have to put them in a case. I am going to enjoy building the radio; I need something to do that doesn't involve a computer (though I do plan to use a laptop with the K2 :) ).

Charles Pitts wrote:
Hi Gang,

I'm a newbie here.

Today, 9 Jan 07, the mailman delivered a little white box containing my K2
s/n 5953.

Yesterday I receive the Rework EliminatorsT Bypass Header kit from Gary
Hvizdak, KI4GGX and Ken Kaplan, WB2ART.  The kit arrived quickly, was nicely
packaged, there were no missing parts, and the components are top notch.   I
was especially impressed with the quality and design of the heavy duty epoxy
circuit board (rev. G) with plated thru holes.  The Quick Start Instruction
sheet was easy to follow and is well illustrated.  Building was a snap.  I'm
glad I purchased this item.  It is an excellent, well engineered product.
Thank you Gary & Ken.

I'm off to my cave to inventory the little white box's contents.

73 de Charles, N3EJS