On 10 Feb 2007 at 4:04, AA0VE wrote
> Terry:
> Better the UPS than the K2.  It did its job of protecting what was
> plugged into it.  Remember, the gel-cell inside can be removed and
> used as a great power supply for any of your QRP rigs.  I don't think
> I've run my K2 on anything but gel-cells so far.  If you are lucky,
> maybe you can also salvage the charging circuit for the battery.
>
> 73's,
>
> John AA0VE

Most UPS's use 24V gel cells, don't power your K2 from it....

Seriously, the UPS will be OK. It has been doing its job during that
power break. It is now recharging its batteries and the noise will be
coming from its internal charge regulator. After it has charged you
should find your spurii have gone away. It is NOT faulty, though the
EMC authorities may have dropped off.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com