The short answer is YES to all.

The long answer says that you will have to have a power supply to charge the
battery anyway, and one cannot always expect a battery 'out of the box' to
be fully charged, so it would be wise to just go ahead and make up a power
cable rather than using the battery.

The K2 manual indicates the best time to install the option headers - do it
just as the manual indicates and you will not go wrong, and you will achieve
your goal of getting it on the air at the first possilbe moment.

It is easier to trim P5 before it is installed - just don't mix the trimmed
one with the untrimmed one (there are 2 on the control board).

73,
Don W3FPR