Jim,

Removal of K3 will make winding the transformer much easier BUT since it is
already installed:
If you have good desoldering equipment and can remove K3 without harming the
PC board, then remove it to make things easier, but I assume since you are
asking about it that you do not have good desoldering equipment (like a
Hakko 808), so just leave it in and accept the fact that winding the
tranformer will be a more difficult task than normal.

73,
Don W3FPR