Hi, Sergio/Paolo.

Sergio asked:

what kind of antenna do you use for pedestrian mobile?

You can find full details of my pedestrian mobile antenna here:

http://web.ncf.ca/fj620/contests/fybo2007/

Paolo Said:

What I have for antenna is a 24 feet length of small wire, plus another 15 feet
as a counterpoise.

Yes, me too, that's always in my backpack... I use an elastic band
between the end of the wire and the weight because it's usually the
weight which gets caught when I try to pull the wire back out of the
tree.  I've had a lot of fun making contact with this simple "Elecraft
Recommended" antenna :)

You're right about those ipod-style headphones too, I use Sony
Fontopia earbuds which are the same design and I love them.

What kind of antenna do you use for the 80m option, Paolo?  I use a
135ft dipole with light twinlead feeder but it only works on 80m, no
40/30/20, so I'm going to try an OCF dipole for all KX1 bands soon.

if it wasn't for the couple of Snipers that usually I can see lurking from
behind a black van,
targeting my brains on a Riflescope

Yikes!!  I never had THAT experience (yet?)  The closest I came was
sitting in a park around midnight, totally in the dark, using the
little white LED for logging, and a couple of police on bicycles
stopped by to see what I was up to.  I was really glad that my antenna
wire was almost vertical straight up from my camp chair to the tree,
so those police did not catch the wire in their bike wheels!

I hooked up a speaker and they were pleased to listen to me make a CW contact :)

73 & Good luck with the brains targeting scope :(
Martin.