I know there's loads of room for more firmware mods...  :-)  Ok, so I've
really heard the opposite is true, but for rig control software I notice
a small shortcoming of the cmd set.  The DS command is described in the
KIO2 manual as a cmd that, "Returns everything needed to reproduce the
information shown on the K2 LCD."  But this isn't quite true as far as I
can tell.  It doesn't return the state of the annunciators showing
whether the variable or value is underlined during MENU or EDIT.  Same
for turning off the annunciators with the various non-frequency DISPLAY
choices.

That wouldn't be a problem but it seems there's no way to find out which
mode the rig is in, regular, MENU, EDIT, DISPLAY, etc.  Maybe the MD
command could be extended by one byte so there'd be a few bits to
indicate mode?  (It just occurred to me that I haven't tried AI2 yet, so
maybe it returns an SW05 or SW21...)

Without the rig returning the info in some way, the software needs to
maintain state.  But it's easy for software to get out of sync with the
rig if the op uses the software sometimes and rig buttons sometimes.

Thanks,
Mike ab3ap