Hi Charles:

There are MANY KAT100s out there, and to my knowledge, there have been no such firmware problems reported.

Rather than expecting damage, were I you, UNLESS you truly SUSPECT damage for some reason other than PURE MAGIC, I'd start looking for an UNsoldered joint, or possibly a poorly-soldered joint.

That fact that the KAT100 once worked (and apparently properly) tends to imply that everything is in its place. However, it only takes one 'flakey' connection to cause problems. Sometimes a flakey connection will allow things to work for a period of time, but then, after a few days, the connection will build up a thin layer of oxidation which acts as an insulator and then only allows the connection to appear to work correctly following a bit of 'agitation' (movement, or other jolt to cause the oxidation to be broken for a short time).

Good luck,

Tom Hammond    N0SS

My KAT/100 was completed and put into service on 28th January 2007.
Today (2nd March) it was working on 80m when first switched on.
I changed frequency from 3525 to 3577 and it would not retune.
Normally this would have been retuned instantly.

Now it will not tune on low power into a dummy load on any band except 40m.
When trying to tune on low power into the dummy load on other bands it mostly
comes to rest at 5:1 or some other unworkable SWR.

My suspiscion is that this is a firmware glitch.  Is there any way that I can
confirm this?

I have removed the lid for visual inspection and can see no obvious signs of
damage.

I would be most grateful for any helpful advice.

The K2/100 is still working perfectly but through a manual matching unit :-)

Charles - M0BIN - K2/100 Nr 5901