Thanks for the reply Don, much appreciated.

Just to clarify, I built up the amp last year but never got around to
installing it. So
around December 06 I obtained the upgrade kit and installed that as well and
that's
how things stand at the moment.

However your reply and mention of the new C31 had me looking around the
Elecraft site and I see that there is an errata dated 4 December 06 which
stresses
the importance of changing R19 & R20 even though the correct values may already
be installed - needless to say when I did the upgrade I followed the original
instructions which basically says (on page 4) if the correct value components
are
already installed go to the next section.

So, the upshot is, that I need to strip down the amp, replace R19 & 20 with the
low
inductance type, check the other components in accordance with the latest
errata
and install a new C31. At which point I should be in a position to check out
the amp
properly.

73 to all
Trevor  G0KTN