Paul,

I believe the Elecraft rule still is: If you need new firmware when ordering
an additional OPTION (not upgrade or mod), then the firmware will be
provided at no extra cost.

Many (probably most) of those ordering KPA100s already have firmware
adequate to support it (Firmware 2.02 or later is required for the KPA100).
So you should have gotten new firmware with your KPA100 purchase.  If you
did not mention your current firmware version, it would not have been packed
with your order.  I do not believe Elecraft attempts to track who has what
firmware level anymore, although they did initially - with over 6000 K2s out
there, the tracking would be difficult (and likely incorrect).

A call or email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] referencing your KPA100
purchase invoice and your present firmware level is likely to yield new
firmware for your K2 at no cost.

I strongly recommend the Keying waveshape mod (K2KEYMODKT) in addition to
your other mod kits for use with the KPA100 installed, keyclicks that are
not a problem at 10 watts can become a problem at 100 watts, and your nearby
fellow hams may compliain about your clicks.

The KSB2 and KAT2 firmware can stay as-is, but if you are upgrading your K2,
my opinion is that you should go 'all the way' with it, the incremental cost
is small in comparison to the total work required for the upgrade.  It is
easier to do it all at once instead of piecemeal.  When I upgrade a K2, I
install even the optional sections - I have never had one that did not
respond nicley and behave like a brand new K2 - install the AF Gain wiring
change and the Extremely Strong Signal Handling Diodes (you will need 2
1N4148 diodes).

73,
Don W3FPR