Hello Chris and Stewart -
I carried out the mod to my K2 Revision A board way back in October 2000, following the instructions by WJ4P and still on the Elecraft web site. I have to say that following these instructions I changed the very raspy sidetone to a near sinewave matching my preferred sidetone frequency of 550 Hz. I believe that Elecraft incorporated a similar mod when they brought out the Revision B board.
http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/sinewave_sidetone_mod.htm

73

David
G4DMP/G3KEP

In a recent message, G3SJJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote ...
Yes, I did wonder about the K2DSP. Haven't got one here, yet! The mod certainly makes a difference though.

Keep up the CW, Stewart!

73 Chris G3SJJ

Stewart Baker wrote:
Although I am not really a CW man I spent a few hours in the recent BERU contest. After a while I began to get a bit 'fed up' with the raspy sidetone, and looked at the reflector achieve for a solution. I saw that G3SJJ had recently done a mod that involved adding a small board to hold the components.

I was almost about to go this route but found that this method of modification would likely get in the way of the K2DSP board that sits above it. So here is what I did.

a) I removed C33 and L1.
b) I soldered C33 (2.2uF) in the L1 position
c) I stuck L1 to the BACK of the PCB close to C33 pads with double sided tape
d) I soldered  the (+) terminal of a 1uF capacitor to C33 (+) pad
e) The other leg of the 1uF is soldered to L1
f) The circuit is completed by soldering a 100 ohm from L1 to C33 ( -) pad

This way all components except the 2.2uF capacitor are now out of the way on the back of the control PCB.
The improvement in sidetone quality achieved has been very noticeable.

73
Stewart G3RXQ