Paul,
In the fishing stores this is called a "Crappie Pole". It has nothing to do
with Sir John Crapper, it is a breed of fish. You can find it in most fishing
stores. In Orlando there is a "Bass Pro Shop" which should have them.

Cabella's is the source that I often use but I don't see one listed on Orlando.

Now for the other sugestion. My Xyl made a drawstring bag for mine in about
five minutes. I put two poles in the bag draw the string closed. There is a
luggage tag on both the string and sewn to the bag. I have had no problems
traveling with them as checked baggage.

73,

Ran - W1IN