Hi,

When discussing antenna analysers there's always a discussion on the issue
of measuring the sign of X.  For some years now I've carted round an article
out of the Power Amplifier Handbook titled High-Speed Microprocessor
Controlled Antenna Matching Unit, in which the author implemented a phase
angle sensor which output a logic one for inductive phase angle and logic 0
for capacitive. The circuit didn't look like it was too complex to
implement, so I've always wondered why such a circuit isn't implemented in
every antenna analyser.

Mike
VK1KCK