Since the K2 filter ultimate rejection is apparently sensitive to the lead
length of the ground leads on the filter crystals (Elecraft instructions
require the crystals be grounded near the bottom of the cans), it is not
surprising that experiments with add-on filters resulted in compromised
ultimate rejection.

Although I've used INRAD filters to improve the performance of a TS-850S and an
Omni 6, I'm very happy with the more or less continuously variable selectivity
of the K2 filter, and would see little need for "custom" filters.

73,
Chuck  NI0C
K2 s/n 5853