Don,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try what you suggest. This fan really ROARS!
So maybe I did go overboard with the tightening of the hardware. I hope so.

In a CW contest, I am transmitting about 50% futy cycle for 45 minutes at a
time. So it gets pretty warm. The fan was on Norm, but I am driving it hard at
full output power.

Thanks also to the others for the additional suggestions.

This really is one great rig. One of the best points is that there is actually
the possibility of changing/improving what is not to the liking of an individual
operator.

73,

Tom KG3V