Jeff,

For a 50 ft. run, if your existing coax is in good shape and fairly new,  I
wouldn't bother replacing it now, at least for HF work.  When it does need
replacing, the Davis Buryflex is mighty good stuff.  I recently replaced a 10
year old 50 ft. section of RG-213 with Buryflex, as some of it must go through
a PVC pipe across my driveway.  I like the tough outer jacket of the Buryflex.
I once tried LMR400, but a squirrel or possum chewed through the coax and
ruined it.

How can you tell if your coax is getting lossy and needs replacing?  You can
measure the loss of your coax at any frequency with an MFJ-259B antenna
analyzer.

73,
Chuck  NI0C