-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 8:54 AM
To: Gary McKelvie
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 and Digital Modes

There is no known problem for using the K2 with any of the soundcard
interfaces as far as I know.  Most interface boxes allow for configuring
  to the proper microphone cabling (even if they offer special cables).
  And the K2 can be configured to use most any microphone wiring scheme.

The K2 audio that is fed to the interface card is quite another decision.
The headphone jack and the external speaker jacks are easy candidates, but
will vary with the setting of the AF Gain control (easy enough to adjust by
looking at the waterfall display background color), but if you want an
independent fixed audio output, my K2 Fixed Audio board is one solution.
See my website > http://w3fpr.qrprqdio.com (I no longer have kits, but I
still have a few boards available).
For the K2/100 the board can be mounted between the front panel and the
control board.

73,
Don W3FPR