Hi, I've been reading many of the posts here as well as reading through the manuals on the Elecraft site. I've been thinking about building either a K2 or K1. I've read some of the magazine articles that state that the K2 is not a beginners kit and I have read other sources that state beginners have built the K2 with no problem.

The last time I built a kit was in the eighties. I have no doubt about my soldering abilities and I know that isn't a problem. I've been told on the air that if I'm going to build the K2 or K1 to go for the K2. I would like to build the K2. So, I would like some feed back on what you think. Has anyone here built the K2 as their first kit or Elecraft kit?

I really don't want to build the K1 first because, I don't want to spend the money for both rigs. I know I could sell the K1 but, I don't want to be bothered with that.

Thanks,
Gary, N7HTS