On Apr 10, 2007, at 4:48 , David Wilburn wrote:

Page 21 of the KPA100 document (version D). In the initial tests, right column, second row from the bottom of the table;

"AF" pad (measure from bottom), ground   > 10k

What is the "AF" pad? I assume I am supposed to measure it from the bottom of the board, to ground, and it is to be greater than 10k. But I can't sort out what "AF" pad is. I even checked the version E document. So it is probably something obvious that I am just not getting.
--

Look at the board from the top, with the speaker cut-out to the lower right. Now notice the lower left corner. You'll see holes (i.e., solder points or "pads") for "GND" and "AF." The "AF" solder point is the AF pad. It's where the audio line from the K2 connects to the board.

I just finished a KPA100, and I have to admit that description stumped me for a moment, also.

Dick, K0KK