I just got back from the home center. While there I looked at the instructions for a 42 watt (150 watt equivalent) helical compact fluorescent (the kind that screws in as a replacement for a regular bulb).

The instructions said that it complies with fcc rules part 18. If it causes radio interference it should be moved or the radio should be moved. That there may be radiation in the 0.5-30MHz range. And that it should not be used in proximity to marine radio equipment.

So my question is: is the sky falling, or is this a non-issue?

73,
Lenny W2BVH