Mike:
If it's an electret mic, it requires power. Assuming the power is coming from the K2, then it needs the resistor. The 1201 mic kit doesn't come with a connector (I just checked), so you are free to wire it any way you want, after you buy the proper connector. Just make sure the K2 is configured the same way you decide to wire the mic. If the K2 is your only radio and the 1201 is your only mic, any random configuration would work, but it makes a lot more sense to wire both to some standard, usually ICOM or Kenwood.

73's,
John AA0VE

Mike Geddes wrote:
Greetings Elecrafters. I have ordered a TenTec Model 1201 microphone kit for SSB use with my K2. It is an electret mike, and is their kit version of the 705 desk mike. I liked the looks of it and understand these mikes work pretty well with the K2. My questions: Does it connect to P1 using the ICOM configuration? Does it require the resistor?

73,
Mike
N4JX