ron wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Perchance has anyone on the list tried remote control of his/her K2 (e/w a KIO2 accessory) using PC Anywhere as described in the April, 2007 QST?

I tried to run PC anywhere ver 11 but it won't run on my vista. I need to splurge 200 bucks for it. Nuts. I download VNC (free) and do not understand how to use it yet. I also down load that audio one, Skype? and had no issue using that.
I was able to make my lap communicate with my desk top well with Skype.

However .... if you have Ham Radio Deluxe, it will do same thing. You need to install one in each PC, get skype in each PC, and it should work same way.
HRD remote will not work with Vista. (again, nuts)

I'm thinking of dumping Vista. (I got it with my new lap) to make my world little easier to do ham radio remote.
Let me know how you do ...
Good luck

Ron, wb1hga
"got CW?"

Ron,

VNC is easy to setup and use. However, its bandwidth requirements are as high as PC Anywhere. There is also desktop sharing built into Windows but, again, the bandwidth requirements are too great to make it useful for ham radio.

73, Doug --K0DXV