Dave,

That last link you provided makes it SOOOO easy - I did bookmark it as you suggested. Thank you for putting it together for us.

73,
Don W3FPR

David Wilburn wrote:
I have noticed that the archive search tool no longer works, and some folks were having trouble searching the pages. Here are a couple of tips.

If you go to google ( www.google.com ) and in the area where you would enter the phrase you are searching for, enter the following;

usb site:http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/

In this example I am using usb as the search criteria, and telling google to search the archive site for the information. You could also use;

frequency calibration or "frequency calibration"

The former would search for any occurrence of the two words, the later would search for the two words together.

If you are feeling particularly froggy, when you are at Google's site, you can select the "Advance Search" feature
( http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en ),
which will give you lots of choices. One of my favorite is to get 100 returns per page, vs 10. In the advance section, you would put the address;
http://www.ac6rm.net/mailarchive/html/elecraft-list/
in the domain section, and leave "Only" selected.

While in the advanced search section, you can tailor the search as you like, and then save that is generated as a result of that search. Just bookmark the page that is generated. Now, by returning to that bookmark the search criteria can be changed and the search results will still be tailored as you like. Below is an example of searching the archives for k2, and asking for 100 hits per page. (Understand the email program will rap and break the link.)

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=k2&hl=en&num=100&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ac6rm.net%2Fmailarchive%2Fhtml%2Felecraft-list%2F&as_rights=&safe=off