I use N1MM contest logging program.  At present, I communicate between the PC
and the K2 with its KIO2 using a serial cable, and I key the K2 using a
parallel cable with Tom's (N0SS) keyer built into the parallel cable housing.
With parallel ports absent from many laptops, and in the interest of fewer
cables...

My question(s):

The KIO2 uses pin 2 and pin 3 for RXD and TXD communication with the radio, and
pin 5 for the ground connection.

1) Can I use pin 7, on the KIO2 labeled RF but appears that nothing is
connected to it, to drive transistor keying of the radio instead of the
parallel port?

2) Will N1MM recognize the same com port for keying that it is using to talk to
the radio?

73,  Fred - kt5x
K2 # 0700