Greg,

I bought a Handi_Mic for K2 5707 a few months ago.  As Don stated, you need to
get the electret type, iC version.  I bought the Kenwood cable, wired the K2
header straight through.  I incorporated a resistor to power the electret
element in the body of the connector on the cable.  That seemed easier than
removing the front panel to make the connections on the header.   It's worked
great with plenty of drive and receives good comments on the air.

Bernie
W1AZ