Ah, perhaps we were being a tad cruel, but it's a history thing I think, oh and a bit of a long standing joke with some as well.

73
Martin

David Ferrington wrote:
Sorry, I'm relatively new ham, so if that's frowned upon, forgive me. Only a
lot of people in my club work VHF contests (I've ordered an XV144) and use a
beep a lot.

On 4/5/07 09:06, "n4dsp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

You have got to be kidding!

john-n4dsp

What do people think of an optional 'roger beep' (don't know any other
term
for it) at the end of each trasmission, i.e. triggered by the PTT coming
off?

M0XDF