Bernie,

The keyboard would plug into a connector on the bottom of the radio, not the CW key jack.

BTW...wild-eyed can be good!

Tnx and 73
Greg
AB7R

On Mon, 7 May 2007 08:01:45 -0700 (PDT)
 "Bernard Gaffney, N8PVZ/QRP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've not read anything specific on how the keyboard
will work, but since PSK/etc is sent via cw paddle or
keyboard, I'm wondering if the keyboard plugs into the
keyjack and sends CW to the rig? Would be a nifty
thing, what w/K3 also decoding CW; you could have
keyboard to keyboard CW contacts w/o effort...of
course other factors like the other person's sending,
band conditions, QRM/N/QSB/etc would definitely be at
play. But, hey, who knows, maybe I'll be able to make
my first CW contact after almost 16yrs in the
"business". (Made Extra after FCC dropped CW to 5wpm,
altho I did pass the 13wpm General code test).

Anyway, just my two drachma's worth on how the
keyboard may work. Totally unscientific and wild-eyed
guess on my part.

   72 de N8PVZ
     ---bernie gaffney

Shoobie Doobie Do!