Brett,

I will post a detailed explanation on the FAQ this evening sometime. But for a short answer...The two bottom knobs are transmit controls and function based on current operating mode. The knobs function as the same tap and hold method as buttons. For example, the bottom left button will default to SPEED when in CW mode. If you HOLD it, it will then operate based on the label below the knob. So that same knob would then control the break-in delay when operating semi-break-in.

The two controls on the top are receiver controls for filtering. The one on the top left you can TAP to toggle between SHIFT and LO-CUT. If you HOLD it, it normalizes the passband based on the selected IF Filter and DSP filter settings and zeros out any SHIFT. The button to the right operates the same way, but the HOLD function toggles the filter user configurations between I and II (see FAQ for more info on this).

Thanks for asking and 73
Greg
AB7R

On Mon, 07 May 2007 14:17:03 -0400