I found a neat option on the new Orion II that seems great cw. It is not in the manual. It is called slope or something like that. It is the last item in the RX menu. It has to do with the audio and normal is flat, probably for SSB ? But you can set the slope to 1.1 or 2.2 db and I first tried it on 80M noise and didn't seem to do a thing. Naturally I said " oh well " and later gave it a try on cw and a BIG difference. The signal seems to pop up out of the noise. Neat ........... will my sometime this year K-3 have that ?

Walt K8CV Royal Oak, MI.