Hi folks,

today I found the KRC2 config utility on the Elecraft homepage. Happily I
prepared for
configuring my KRC2 by software rather than by hardware. However, I cannot
write my mapping to
my KRC2.

I have:

- WinXP SP2
- USB to COM converter (which runs fine for PC control and other stuff)
- KRC2 with firmware V1.3
- OP/DL switch set to DL
- ext. power supply connected to KRC2
- straight thru V24 cable
- K2 disconnected from the KRC2

Issue 1:

When I push "Test for KRC2" it returns "KRC2 V1.3". But when I hit "Send to
KRC2" the utility
responds "Last send failed" and my KRC2 locks up. To get it back to life I have
to cycle power.
My USB/V24 adapter has data LEDs and I can see data traffic in both directions
before the "Last
send failed" message comes up.

Issue 2:

When I want to open the analog voltage tables the utility tells me "Run time
error '713': class
not registered. You need the following file to be installed on your machine.
MSSTDFMT.DLL."
Where can I get this DLL ?

Maybe someone can help me with these issues ?

VY 73 de Marcus, DL1EKC