Dave,

I've seen one contest that suggested that you do add
/QRP to you call, if operating QRP. No mention of the
legality of it, or that one show know one's licensing
authorities rules.

The only advantage I can see is if QRP stations are
worth bonus points. There are a few contests that
award more points to QRP QSOs.

I personally do not sign QRP when I'm running 5W or
less, particularly in contests. My thoughts are it
adds too much time to the exchange and, if conditions
are poor, make a tough QSO even more difficult.

If I can dig you out, I'll make the QSO regardless of
someone signing /QRP.

I had an eQSL from HA8KW who was running QRP at the
time... the neat thing is that the QSO was on 80M!

72,
Julius
n2wn