I have an old set of full size sony headphones
that give way more than enough audio output
for my moderate hearing loss.
Most headphones are rated for the level of audio out
for power in, and the ones that cover the ears seem to be
more comfortable for me and reduce any outside noise.

How you set up the agc effects the audio output level
of the k2, and there are resistors that can be changed
or eliminated in the headphone circuit, or you
could plug the headphones in the ext speaker output.

You can also change the tone of the CW to get in a range that
you might hear better, I seem to like a much higher CW
note than many operators as I am up against the BFO range
limit on my K2.

Brett
N2DTS