On 6/12/07, Jozef Hand-Boniakowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Simply put: when I call CQ and I have multiple stations respond, I give
preference to the station that is the weakest or who signs /QRP which is
not always one and the same.

Which to my mind negates Dave's statement...

It is
> absolutely never justified in contests/pileups

If it helps get you the contact, then it is justified. On CW, there is
probably no benefit, but on phone, the DX may hear "QRP" when they
don't make out "ILO" or "YMC".
--
Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com