I use the 1120.  http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/ppike/kx1.html

I place two pieces of the pulled out foam on top of the rig to keep it
from moving vertically - foam on bottom too.

Paul

On 6/11/07, Mike Cizek  W3MC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What size Pelican case do folks use for the KX-1??  I seem to remember it is
the 1060, but its internal height is barely more than the KX-1 itself.  Does
this provide enough clearance to protect the tuning knob?  For people using
this case - do you put any foam beneath the KX-1, or just let it sit on the
bottom of the case?  Thanks.