Oh come on Kent! :-) You are missing the point. I know it's mostly about propagation but, when you build a rig yourself and it performs better than your expectations, it's hard not to react like a novice (which I am not) with your first contact. You may look at it as just progagation, a bunch of diodes, capacitors, resistors, etc., but, there is a lot more to it than just that. For me, ham radio is about making new friends, talking with people in far away places, imagining what it's like where they are, what they look like, spending time in the glow of the radio on a dark winter night. It's about sending and receiving QSL cards, building antennas, sharing ideas and learning about different cultures and people. It's about connecting with someone that you have never met and probably never will. Yep, for me there is a lot more to ham radio than just technical stuff.

Gary, N7HTS

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:03:19 -0500