No shame Ed.  We all learned something today.

Thank you for sharing.

Mark, KJ7BS
Glendale, AZ
Editor, The SKCC Centurion

---- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well Bill, remember that word ASSUME? If you ASSUME you make an ASS out of
U and ME?

After Don's reply I checked thebattery switch and then started doing
voltage checks and couldn't get voltage anywhere. I put the top back on
and again and hit the power switch and I could get a slight pop sound from
the speaker. Then I looked up and my eyes fell upon the fuse holder. It
couldn't be I thought. Checked the 5 amp fuse and it was blown. Replaced
the fuse and all is well.

73 de Ed N0EHQ