I'm mainly going to use my K3 for 6m and 2m using my recently built XV144.
However, in terms of optimising my station's performance (in this case,
thinking of removing the MMIC after the PHEMT front-end to improve the XV144's
dynamic range) I'm reliant on doing the maths based on other people's lab tests
(like many I'm sure, I just don't have the lab gear!).

The XV144 gain/NF plot on the website shows about 28dB gain and 0.6 dB NF - is
this typical?  Also the latest K3 specs show the MDS as being -136dBm...but is
this pre-amp On or Off?

At the moment I reckon the XV144 won't need the second stage of front-end gain,
especially if the K3 has anything close to a 16dB NF at 28 MHz....but I'd
appreciate some second opinions...

No rush, I'm in the second production run....  :-)

Regards

Paul  M0CVX (and AC5NO)