I prefer the FT1000MP sound to the Pro3.  It's more like my Drake TR7: a softer
(shall I say) analogue sound.  I get quickly fatigued with the Pro3 which I
find harsh, rasping; though I do hear weaker stations, ie better for dx seeking
than contesting.  Looking forward to putting the K3 in an A/B test.

David
G3UNA