Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
Fixed! We always intended this to reflect the date we ship to a customer.

The new wording is:

**" This warranty is effective as of the date of first consumer purchase (or if shipped from factory, date product is shipped to customer)."

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft

That "first consumer purchase" wording is informative - it could indicate that sometime in the future I may be able to buy a new Elecraft product over the counter at HRO and other ham gear stores.

I really don't know if Elecraft is looking at the sales outlet possibility seriously, but if it occurs, the warranty now covers it.

73,
Don W3FPR