John:

I have a DSP module in my K2 and I think that it is wonderful. K2/DSP is discussed occasionally on the list.

There are two notable points of discussion.

1) Some users (including me) report a loud pop on CW keying with the DSP installed. This is easily remedied by tweaking the T-R delay settings.

2) With DSP denoising activated, the radio sometimes becomes so quiet that you think it is broken, and you need to turn off the denoising to see if the radio is still working. With the denoising on, as you tune across signals they seem to pop out of the surrounding nothingness.

If you do no see many postings about K2/DSP, I suspect that the reason is that so little goes wrong with it.

73,

Steve Kercel
AA4AK