> While as a young EE engineer at Eastman Kodak, in
> Rochester - we were immersed in a active "employee
> suggestion program".

When I worked for Rockwell Collins (the old Collins Radio Company) they had
a "Productivity Improvement Program". We had to submit ideas for posters to
be put up around the building promoting productivity. I drew a sketch of an
engineer at his desk, hard at work. His hand was outstretched toward his
waste basket to toss a sheet of paper. On the paper you could read "Memo:
Productivity Improvement Program....."

At another company I was on the executive committee that had to review the
ideas from an employee suggestion program. All the ideas were completely
lame but we were required to choose one each week and give the person a cash
reward, then implement the idea. The ideas were so dumb it became completely
demoralizing for the whole company. Of course the president of the company
(who was usually on the golf course) and the HR department kept it going
long after it lost its usefulness.

Back on topic: I will send a hank of appropriate solder to any new K2/K1/KX1
kit buyer for $9.95 and the cost of shipping.

Craig
NZ0R