Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

These concerns about using excessive bandwidth are all
certainly  legitimate, but history suggests that
anyone seriously against using more bandwidth/signal
in crowded bands needs to take a different approach or
their concerns will not be heard.  . . . . .
Nonetheless, it was and the 40 meter AM 'phone' band
segment opened in  the USA in the 1950's ending that
band's 300 kHz of CW-only 0peration. . . . . .
---------
Ron:
I remember loosing a part of the 40 M band, it was sad
but I only had one xtal for 40 M for 7035 KHz.

A few years later I had a Central Electronics 20A. I
ran into several operators who stated "my receiver
will not tune SSB".

Change is what we have to put up with, someone will
always have a better way of communicating on our
amateur bands. We need to be hospitable to these new
ideas until they go away, or prove themselves.
It is great that we have so many choices now. The K3
is also a good choice.

For the last four years I have been 100% CW with my
K1, the only HF rig I have on the air. I have plans to
build a K2 this fall, with SSB adaptor. I feel I need
some change also.

73, Ty, W1TF K1 #1423