From: Brett gazdzinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 2:48 pm
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 Shipping Delays

On the other hand, you can keep on improving almost anything
indefinitely.

I myself figure another month, that way, if it arrives before that
I will be real happy.

Lots of work for those Elecraft folks, the amplifier,
the panadaptor, the remote K3 antenna tuner, the K4, etc....

I think they been goofing off, sleeping and eating even!

Brett
N2DTS

Much has been posted here about this topic. I've also seen (and
heard) considerable correspondence from some top operators who have
been testing pre-production K3s under some rather torturous contest
and QRN conditions. Although I'm not privy to internal communications
at Elecraft, I'd bet that this testing has caused some of the fine
points of the design to be tweaked. I'd also bet that like any other
manufacturer, Elecraft is experiencing delays on deliveries of
critical parts.

So, while we're anxious to see the finished product on our operating
bench, the second sort of delays are to be expected from any mfr who
is reasonably picky about what parts they buy and where they buy
them, and the first sort of delays will result in a better radio. So
cool your jets, and give Wayne and Eric the breathing space to do
their jobs. They have a long history of doing that very well.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC