Thom LaCosta wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, W2AGN wrote:
>

>> I beg you pardon, but some of us have over $1K already paid to
>> Elecraft as
>> advance on the K3. It does not seem unreasonable to expect a little
>> communication since that money is already in Elecraft's coffers.
>
> And some folks who laid out just as much money are NOT that upset about
> the delay and the lack of announcements....
>
> Personally, I trust the folks at Elecraft to balance timely delivery
> against
> shipping a radio that has a fuller feature set.
>
> Maybe they could ship partially optimal unit to those that object to the
> slippage in delivery dates.
>
> 73 k3hrn
> Thom,EIEIO
> Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer
>
> www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
> www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month

My complaint was not the delay but the lack of communication. Hey, Elecraft is a
COMPANY, not the second coming! At least 200 people laid out a 50% payment IN
ADVANCE. That would be from $1000 for a barebones modular kit to around $2000
for a loaded, built K3. So figuring an average of $1500, that $300,000 of OUR
money that is in Elecraft's hands. For that, I would expect to be kept up to
date on shipping. I am sorry if that offends those who worship at the Elecraft
Altar, but I am not a believer in their divinity, just a customer.

--
John - W2AGN